Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Re Xsara Picasso, Diesel 55 reg. When I press the air con

Customer Question

Re Xsara Picasso, Diesel '55' reg.
When I press the air con on I've started getting a whining noise from the drivers side of the lower central console - this varies with engine speed. Switch the air con off and the noise stops. The air con works ok. What is it? How do I fix it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are describing is consistent with a failing blower motor, the bearing inside of the blower motor is starting to go bad and is causing the noise. To correct the issue the blower motor will need to be replaced.