Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have renault scenic 2000. I had to remove the radio to obtain

I have renault scenic 2000.
I had to remove the radio to obtain the code.
On replacing the radio I have no power to it, I have checked the fuses under the dash and made sure the wires are secure in the radio but still no power to the radio.
any ideas?
thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help -

Can you please tell me exactly which fuses you have checked ?

Also - have you used a 12v meter / bulb tester to check if you have power on the wires to the radio?

Also - please give me the cars' Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked the radio fuse under the dash and another fuse which was also responsible for the clock and cigarette lighter, both are ok.

I do not have a 12 v meter tester

cars reg is W242 NBF

THANKS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still there?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Grant -

Thank you for your reply.

Yes Im sorry - it took me time to look up your schematics - and then type out your answer / reply ---which is as follows :

OK - its a common issue to either pop a fuse when taking a radio set out -or, tugging a wire / cable and disconnecting even partially, one of the connectors.

So - double check the push / pull connectors Grant - disconnect them and check carefully inside the block connectors to see if any wire / pin has broken - or pushed / pulled back inside the connector - hence not making a connection.

Then check the same at the radio - and refit them with some "force" to ensure a good connection - then see if now works.

Fuse wise... there are two fuse for this system per your reg.

The one is Fuse no. 6 - should be a blue 15 amp
The 2nd is Fuse no. 30 - again - a blue 15 amp.

Some of these sets had a fuse too in the wiring to the back of the set - or, in the very back of the set - so check for that too.

Someone may have changed the fuses for different amps therefore colours - so dont go off that - go off the numbers...

I think you will have it sorted working through as above -

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Grant -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.