Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

E 280cdi 2007 130k fault code p730 when cold jumps 1st to second

Customer Question

E 280cdi 2007 130k fault code p730 when cold jumps 1st to second especially up hill

When war fine

Help

Paul
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Paul and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .

Ive had to switch us to the QA system as the CHAT wasn't working -

Before we progress - can I just ask you to clarify two points for me..

1 - you mention you have had the" engine fluid changed "... exactly what was that ? The engine oil - or the transmission fluid?

2 - The fault code you mention has a digit missing - can you please let me have the full / correct code -

Kind Rgds, MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi ttransmition fluid changed 4k miles ago ATF fluid

Po7030
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Po730 incorrect gear shift

ATF gearbox oil changed 4k miles ago

My mechanic says new recon gearbox clutch sworn and shaftr 2k repair

Can you inform me a second opinion please

Only does this when cold and up hill

Can I run vehicle

Paul
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello there Paul.Sincere apologies that I missed your reply before I was off ... Sorry about that.With this Paul, it's not an unheard of issue, that's with the symptoms you describe...your symptoms are known but they can have different causes.You have done right in changing the fluid... But given it was 4 k ago, I would suggest a flush of the transmission, cleaning of the internal filters and new fluid again, after that, and see if that helps. For the cost if that, it's worth a try. I would also suggest this is done at an Auto Trans Specialist Paul, rather than a general garage...not only because it needs the proper equipment to do the flush properly , but too, they can often diagnose once in the box, and repair, considerably cheaper than a general garage who tend to just replace, rather than repair. Honestly, I would advise that as your next course of action, one to get it fixed properly and two, at a reasonable price.Too, it's not really sensible to at least at this stage go be saying, replace the transmission , and clutch worn. These have totally different clutch arrangements to a manual, they are internal in the trans and can be adjusted if needed..but that doesn't fit your symptoms.Without inspection I'm thinking this is more likely a valve /solenoid fault... But in any event, do as above with this Paul.. I'm sure you will get it fixed reasonable on this fault...much cheaper than replacement ...As to if you can still run it, yes you can, but nurse it, don't stress it and just have it looked as above as soon as you can...Let me know if you need anything else -.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Paul...

My system tells me you have sent me a reply to my answer I gave you above - but I see nothing here..

It could be a glitch - if you have sent me a reply - please just copy / paste and re send it to me - and I will get back to you..

Or - if we are done, I just need you to click on the OK ratings for me then at this point - Thank you very much..

Kind Rgds Paul -- MIKE.