Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have a citreon nemo, it can take up to 30 mins to turn on

Customer Question

I have a citreon nemo, it can take up to 30 mins to turn on the ignition there is no give in it at all just have to keep tryin and eventually works. Any ideas what could be wrong? Could it be immobiliser or key worn or any other ideas? Cheers
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

Tell me - have you tried your spare key ? Is it the same with that ?

Also - please give me the cars Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi mike, I never got a spare key with the vehicle only one key, it opens all doors no problem. The van reg is sj09 zzr
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Tom.

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I was off yesterday, Sunday.

In that case Tom, inspect the actual key you have...some develop a slight fracture in the shaft, others even slightly bent can and will cause this. If anything like that , yiu need a new key.

But if it's not that Tom, then yiu have a worn / faulty barrel /ignition unit.

On these you can replace just the barrel. Peugeot sell them as a replaceable part with key, so that would be the way to go.

It's best to do this ASAP Tom, because if it gets so that cannot turn it to position 1 , you won't be able to change just the barrel and would have to change the assembly, costing a lot more.

It's not a big job as it is, any small type garage can do this for within an hour.. So not expensive on labour, of course you would have to price the parts, giving them yiur VIN to get that.

So that's the way forward on this one now Tom...

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.