Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my 2003 fiat doblo will not start there is fuel at the injector

Customer Question

my 2003 fiat doblo will not start there is fuel at the injector pump bu not at the injector pipe connection
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE -Im happy to advise / help you -

With this - basically if you have fuel as you say but not at the injectors, the fuel pump is the likely fault having failed..

But these do suffer with bad connections on the pipes where they connect to the fuel filter - check that .. If they are loose or bad in any way, you need to deal with that - remember , a diesel system will suck air but not necessarily leak out diesel - so even if its dry - check for bad connection.. If its leaking diesel anywhere on the system and / or sucking air - you will have what you have.

Too - if the fuel filter is old - replace it and retry as it could be clogged.

Failing all the basics, a faulty fuel pump is the suspect - you are best having it checked at a local diesel specialist then as they have all the test equipment needed to verify this - and they can of course fix it for you--

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me - Im always happy to help more if needed..

>> Meantime >>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.