Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have a peugeot 307 petrol engine vehicle which idles roughly

Customer Question

i have a peugeot 307 petrol engine vehicle which idles roughly when warm and is showing an Anti pollution Fault on the dashboard screen...how do i fix this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike : Hello and Welcome... My name us MIKE.. I m happy to help /advise you..
Mike : as you have the Anti Pollution fault light on, this is undoubtedly the reason for the poor running too.. You have done the right thing in checking what you have but as you found nothing obvious, as the light is on, they does mean there will be at least one relevant fault code logged in the cars ECU ..engine management computer.
Mike : you therefore will need a garage to run a fault code test for you. This is done with plug in diagnostic equipment in the cars OBD socket... Most any small type garage can do that reasonably cheap for you. Once you have the fault code/s, you then know where you are headed to fix your issues.
Mike : Often this is a sensor issue, but it can be the exhaust or catalytic converter and so on, so you need an accurate diagnosis doing,as above, to be sure.
Mike : again, once that's done, it can then be put right properly for you, so that's the way forward now on this one.
Mike : Let me know if you need anything else -.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again David -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.