Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

hi,one of my vans has just stopped working and has come up

hi,one of my vans has just stopped working and has come up anti theft on the display it is a 2007 fiat scudo please can you help,cheers mike
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Can you give me any / more background to this.... eg - any work done on the vehicle / any other issues - was it jump started - etc ?

Is it the same with all keys?

The more you can tell me, the better I can help .. Plus if you can - please give me its full reg -

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike, the van normally starts first time, no work carried out on the van of late, a new turbo was fitted over a year ago and normal maintanance wheel bearing brake pipes, the van had been run from job 2 job and no issues till last job, only have one key for the van and it is locked by key as the key fob had broke a couple of year ago the reg of the van SRO7DKO ,cheers mike.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike,any joy with the answer about my van ?? cheers

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike - !

Sorry about the delay -I wasn't on last night Im afraid...

Ok - generally speaking Mike, this is with that message on, a loss of signal either between the key and the vehicle - or between the pick up on the ign -and the Ecu..

The problem is Mike - you just do not know for sure without a plug in diagnostic test..

The aerial device is a common failure - followed by key issues - ( failures ) - followed by main unit trouble - with wiring /connection issues in between. It can take hours to work through it Mike -much better to arrange to have the diagnostic done.. either at a Fiat garage or, you can get a local mobile auto locksmith to come to you - they have all the equipment as needed to plug in and check the fault for you - If it needs a new key- they can cut and program one for you .. But of course , if its the ail / pick up, thats a FIAT only part.

So there really isn't a lot you can do on your own without the plug in equipment Im sorry to say Mike..not when its immobiliser has kicked in like this Im afraid... so thats the way forward on this one Im sorry to say Mike..

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert