Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

why when I change from reverse to first gear is iy quite often

why when I change from reverse to first gear is its quite often still in reverse?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help - advise you with this.

For this to be happening it has to be a selector fault / issue - this is on the top of the gearbox - you have to remove the various pipes and so on even to see / access it - and then inspect that there -

Sometimes you will find the cables ( selector cables ) are not held securely in place on the transmission and thats all thats needed to fix the issue - re affix / secure the cables - as you will see.

If its not that - then the fault is most likely inside the transmission - but the selector / rod affair there are usually the issue -it really is a case of checking / inspecting and going from there now - let me know how you get on..

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if you need anything more-

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.