Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

my car wont start at times but after a push it seems to start

my car won't start at times but after a push it seems to start but it is happening more often. Im afraid to go out in it as you never know when it will happen.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Ok when this fault happens of you get ignition lights on the dash (cluster ) but then nothing when you turn the key
do you mean you can push start the vehicle (bump start ) when this fault occurs
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When this happens the engine turns over but does not start I also get back firing sometimes and then it seems to clear for a while this has happened to me twice within a week and yes i can bump start.

Hi there ,thanks
Ok this issue could lie with a few things and as it Is an intermitent fault it makes it a bit more difficult and tine consuming to pinpoint
Does temperature make z difference (hot or cold )
Does the vehicle turn over at a good speed or is there a whiny noise heard
Is there any smoke from the exhaust
How intermitent is this issue
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No temperature difference , turns over at a good speed , sometimes I can smell petrol, No smoke from the exhaust.

Hi there thanks sorry for the delay
Ok I would Start with a set of new spark plugs in your case as if the spark plug is worn and is only creating a weak spark this would not be strong enough to ignite the fuel /air mixture thus you would get a smell of unburnt petrol
Regards ***** *****
Brian