Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

got a flat battery overnight by leaving side lights on. Now

got a flat battery overnight by leaving side lights on. Now dashboard shows alarm system service required.Is there any other choice to solve this or do i have to go to a volvo dealer to get it replaced.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help.
The alarm system service light is on because the battery back up in your alarm siren has gone flat. I would suggest to try using the cars for a week and see if the normal use recharges it. If it doesn't it will require a new one, sometimes they will recharge but sometimes they won't depending on how flat they were.
I hope this helps.
Don't forget to accept my answer as we don't get paid for our work unless you click that button.
Please feel free to come back to me anytime, even one you have accepted my answer you can come back to me again at no cost.
Best Regards