Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have a Aprilia Pegaso 650 trail 2005 model. Dash panel

Customer Question

Hi I have a Aprilia Pegaso 650 trail 2005 model.
Dash panel has a warning ecu disconnected and does not indicate revs or speed when in motion?
Motorcycle starts and runs normally.
I have checked all the cables and connectors and they are waterproofed.
Any suggestions?
Les
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you.

With this you have done the right things -ensure though that the wiring / connections to the back of the dash panel are good also - and rectify any issues you may find. Also- check the length of the wiring for any chafing / bad wires..and wires that have bared can and will short and cause this.

If you dont' find any such issues, then this is a fault in the Ecu / computer - Sometimes this can be corrected by a software update - this can only be done by a specialist / dealer so you would need to take it there for that . If it wont respond to a software update then a fault code read will ID the fault you have and then go from there as advised then..

It will run ok like this - again its a programming thing as opposed to fault that will stop it running..or a faulty comms chip but that is the way to sort this as above for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if you need anything more-

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.