Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi there I have a 10 skoda octavia and the radio is giving

Customer Question

Hi there I have a 10 skoda octavia and the radio is giving me a lot of problems it keeps turning it's self on and off this could happen up 20 times on a journey . And when I turn off the car and leave the keys in the ignition the radio will turn on by its self after a few minutes.
Have you experienced a fault like this on a skoda.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise..

Im afraid this is a fault with that model / type of radio - its an internal fault with the circuitry.

Given the age of the vehicle - what I suggest you do is contact your local dealer - they treat each case on its own merits, but they have been known to replace the radio sets for free with a new one...

So thats your very first move on this one. IF for some reason they will not replace yours for free or for an acceptable fee ( sometimes they will offer a goodwill price also ) then Im afraid its either you have to replace it or have it repaired -

But certainly - contact the dealer first --

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.