Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Suzuki wagon r 2000 failed emissions test due to high co2 on

Suzuki wagon r 2000 failed emissions test due to high co2 on fast idle. The car had a new cat last year. possible causes please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

You dont say if it had a new pre cat O2 / lambda sensor when the cat was fitted last year - it should have done really..

In any event, the o2 sensor is the biggest suspect here - Im assuming basic general things have been checked already -such as air filter, general service items etc..

If it comes then to looking to change the o2 sensor, you should check the connections in the wire plug and socket first for integrity - and also the wire to it - as sometimes they get chaffed / burned which will cause it not to work.

Then if all is well there - the system should be checked diagnostically before changing any parts to get an accurate diagnosis.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me -

****** >> Meantime >>>
Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.