Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

hi out for a jolly when I notice seedo stped working is it

hi out for a jolly when I notice seedo stped working is it cable or electronic thanks iain a.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..

It will be electronic from what i recall signals for speedo will come directly from the wheel sensors/through abs rear ones in particular..i dont recall an actual speed sensor on the gearbox itself...normally when speedo faulters it brings on the abs or tractions control lamps..hence the sensors most likely being the culprit..a thourough diagnostic test should reveal that..I do remember your previous fault with the abs..you dont say wither this was an initial clean up "something to maybe recheck again" or something had been replaced "normally a genuine fitment parts is required" or solved..but as above normally on these speedo info will come from the abs moduleto the cluster..so it possible its either communtication fault from a sensor that or from the module to the instrument panel..I do hope this helps