Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I purchased a 59 plate Saab 9-5 1.9 tid in April and I have

I purchased a 59 plate Saab 9-5 1.9 tid in April and I have had ongoing issuees with the EML coming on and going into limp mode.
Car was returned to dealer in Newcastle who fitted a new dpf and then drove it back to Glasgow, apparently without any problems and left it there for me to collect. I drove it about 20 miles and EML came back on.
Dealer told me that they had checked pressure sensor and it was okay although Saab dealer had told him that they nearly always ended back to have new pressure switch fitted but they decided that it was okay..
Dealer now doesn't answer my calls or reply to messages!!!
I took the car to my local garage and they fitted a new pressure switch but that hasn't cured the problem either.
It has now had a new EGR, DPF and pressure swith + EGR restrictor plate!
Garage don't have any suggestions now and I am at my wits end!
Same fault codes as before P1909 on their Bosch system and my hand held reads P1901.
I am now despairing! Can anyone offer any suggestions apart from the Swan Vesta's!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome-

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help...

Mike :

Swan Vesta's - that takes me back !! Well - lets see if we can avoid that for you eh..

Mike :

Ive digested all that you have wrote -

Mike :

Now the codes that you have -they both refer to the same circuit...

Mike :

P1901Exhaust gas pressure sensor - malfunctionWiring, exhaust gas pressure sensor
P1902
P1903
P1904
P1905
P1906
P1907
P1908
P1909Exhaust gas pressure sensor - malfunctionHose blocked/leaking, wiring, exhaust gas pressure sensor
Mike :

All the codes in between refer to different parts of the same circuit -so you can see where your trouble lies - at least, going off the codes you have..

Mike :

So its Exhaust gas pressure sensor circuit - this then is either - ( as above)... Wiring - blockage in pipe / leak / perished pipe / loose etc - or faulty component ( gas sensor )

Mike :

It adds up - with the issues with the Dpf to be honest - so thats what needs checking out now.. and you should then have this sorted.

Mike :

Thats all I have on this - I sincerely ***** ***** all helps you -Im sure it will -

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: Hi Mike
Customer: many thanks for your help.
Customer: have you any idea where I could get a wiring diagram?