Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 1.6 stilo cuts out without warning,but leave it for a few

Customer Question

My 1.6 stilo cuts out without warning,but leave it for a few seconds and it will start up without a problem. The lambda sensor and engine temp sensor, spark plugs have all been changed but the problem stii exists. Any ideas as i can't keep spending money without solving the problem!

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help-

By far the most common issue here with these with those symptoms is a faulty crank shaft sensor.

When this sensor plays up it will just as you describe -this is because without that signal, it has no fuel injection or ignition.... so it will do this.

Its not really ideal to test these - they can be tested but if they are only faulty- its hard to get a good result - much better to replace the sensor.

In the abscence of any diagnostic test results, that is what I would advise.

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.