Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Fan keeps running whilst driving & stationary

I've got an audi a3 sport back 05 reg, the fan seems to be kicking in most times, even in hot or cold weather, it starts when I've driven it from cold and will keep running for about a minute when switched off. I've had the fan replaced and still this is happening??? Bit concerned now. Also the temp is always on 90 degrees . The car also makes whistling noise when accelerating or changing gears from 1-2-3
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope no warning lights come on.

Ok the issue that you are describing is consistent with a failing coolant temperature sensor which is a common failure on these vehicles and results in the issue that you are having. The sensor would need to be tested as a next step.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.