Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Anti pollution coming up on screen on my Peugeot 206 automatic

Anti pollution coming up on screen on my Peugeot 206 automatic what does it mean
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What engine does it have exactly?

Any engine performance wise issues since this occurred?

Whats is service history / mileage?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi it's a 1597 engine and it's done 130k no problems till this it was juddering

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi,..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..The warning message is basically generic message/engine management system..it means the emissions problem be it an air/fuel mixture fault detected..ie: either fault o the ignition system/intake or emisson control side lambda sensor/cat converter which can be common fault..If the car seems to run fine then maybe try a fuel injector cleaner and give the car a good long run,you could try that..provided the cars runs ok.on some minor cases with fault like a simple service ie; - sparkplugs/airfilter/fuel filter/oil and filter change can often solve that message..the next intial stage really and can be first step option if prefered - ie: any garage/mobile tech with the proper equipment - and would advise is to have the car diagnostically checked - in by a way of retriving the fault codes from the ecu - that way with those codes you can determine which sensor/component on the engine management side needs to be iinspected or replaced - depending on the fault codes you get of course..so as above that the best way forward on this one..I do hope this helps