Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My Hyundia i20 is dead can only open door with key no electircal

My Hyundia i20 is dead can only open door with key no electircal power at all have i pressed something
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If you've had to open the car using the key blade..and nothing electrical wise works in the car ie: no lights/no starter/no central locking/no dash lights - then it sounds very much like the main battery on the car has become flat or the battery terminals are loose/and earth point has failed/or fuse/main fuse has blown...you need to pop the bonnet locate the battery and ensure the terminals are secure..the next stage is to try a jump start and see if that gets it going..if it does then take the car on a long drive to ensure the battery is charged at least..if it still fails - goes flat etc..then further checks need to be made as per the battery condition and the charging system on the car.alternator etc.. I do hope this helps