Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

My P reg Volvo V40 estate has just been serviced. Now when

Customer Question

My P reg Volvo V40 estate has just been serviced. Now when I release the clutch pedal there is usually ( but not always) a loud click which appears to be coming from the pedal. The clutch is working fine. This only happens when the engine is running. Does this suggest a problem ? I'm due to drive to France tomorrow.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you..

Im sorry to see yo have had a wait - personally I have only just been given your question...and I see you are / were planning to drive to France.. so Im sorry if this is late...

Just to further this for you - I don't know what you have done but this sort of issue is usually at the pedal attachment... on clutch cable systems, it can be the cable wearing...and on the hydraulic ones we have seen cracked / fractured pedal box / housings...

Its very very difficult to know exactly what your fault is without inspecting it - but thats the area -where to be looking.

This cannot have anything to do with the service Im afraid - just pure coincidence...

But when you can , thats where to be looking to see whats happening... Let me know if I can help you anymore at all on this.. Once again, my sincere apologies for the delay in your receiving a reply / answer.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.