Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2007 Hyundai Getz Automatic. My Malfunction Indicator

I have a 2007 Hyundai Getz Automatic. My Malfunction Indicator Light has come on. It is amber and has the word ' CHECK ' on it. Please help-
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

How does the car / engine run otherwise ? Does it start / run as it should?

Have you had any recent work carried out prior to this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Car starts with no problem. It misfires a little bit when under pressure. I have had no work done on the car .

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..the misfire you mention will be the most likely fault thats contributed to the check engine light to come up..that warning means the cars own ecu has actually detected the fault and stored the relevent fault code(s) to be retrived diagnostically/plugged in so to speak using a suitable diagnostic machine/code reader..once you have these then you'll have a better understanding what the inspect here or replace even..misfiring can be a wide range of faults and yours being the worst kind intermittent as such..usually the most common being ignition system.bad plugs or bad ignition coil or bad injector..air/fuel mixture issue..however you do really need to have the car scanned and see what codes there are.any well equiped garage/mobile tech should be able to perform that test..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. I did what you recommended,I took car to be checked and it was the Spark Plugs. Thanks again.