Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

04 td4 freelander water going into oil fast ,head gasket done

04 td4 freelander water going into oil fast ,head gasket done 2000 miles ago
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Was the heads reworked and was the block checked for warpage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, The head was resurfaced, new valves, guides and springs. block was checked, the engine is running ok not heating or blowing into cooling system. If it was the oil cooler would the oil be in the water?. Can water pump housing or O rings cause water leak into oil, it does not leak when engine is stopped It will put approx 2 litres of water in oil in about 5 miles

From what you are describing this issue is a failure of the oil cooler, when the oil cooler fails water enters the oil but oil does not enter the water. This was a fairly common failure on these vehicles.