Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Suzuki 1250 Bandit with ABS, 2007 model which I have

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki 1250 Bandit with ABS, 2007 model which I have owned from new.
End of last season (November) the bike's front brake was becoming increasingly spongier and the lever was coming back to the bar.
I put this down to the age of the rubber pipes and decided to change to HEL stainless steel hose and all fittings and the pads to EBC HH.
I could not get a good front brake, so went down to my local shop from where I bought the bike.
We changed the master cylinder seals, brake calliper seals, bled the system again using Motul DOT 3 brake fluid and still cannot get a good brake, spongy and the lever coming back to the bar.
Overall condition of the bike is immaculate with no corrosion on any of the brake components as I do look after my bikes.
Mileage is a low 4250 could it be ABS unit?
I also changed the rear brake pipe and have a good rear brake.
My mechanic has been using a vacuum pump which runs off compressed air to draw the air from the calliper nipple and topping up the master cylinder with brake fluid.
Please help
Spock
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help / advise..

Certainly , with all that you have outlined and done , this is a fault on the Abs pump unit... but it could just be trapped air - sometimes air does get trapped inside the unit and is a devil to get out -- Drawingit out as you have said the mech has been doing wont work - you need to use - have someone do it on a pressure system for you - this attaches to the master cylinder cap and with compressed air, forces it through - any trapped air will come through then. So - you may have to have a garage do that for you - its certainly worth a try - Other than that you do have a fault with the Abs unit then ....so try that first as above just in case it clears it for you - before spending on the Abs system.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.