Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

Hi I have a 2002 x5 wouldnt start charged the battery then

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 x5 wouldn't start charged the battery then it start run for 15 minutes then cut out now it just ticks when I turn the key is there any tips for solutions to this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer.
From the noise you described the solenoid on the starter motor is working but not kicking in the starter this is always a tell tale sign the battery needs replacing it seems it is not holding a charge and to confirm this a discharge would be required .
A battery will have a certain life and depending on the quality will last from 3 to 7 years .
If you need more assistance on this then please reply.
I thank you in advance for your feedback.
regards rob.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Couldnt be more wrong. Alternator plus new battery cheers ***** ***** me 22 pound for nothing

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
COULDNT BE MORE WRONG
I TOLD YOU YOUR BATTERY WAS NO GOOD
SO HOW WAS I TOTALLY WRONG ?