Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I recently broke down with a dodgy noise coming from my gearbox

Customer Question

I recently broke down with a 'dodgy' noise coming from my gearbox area of my engine. I have had the car recovered to the same garage where I bought it. I have not owned the car 9 months and having looked at their website, I've seen they offer a " Lifetime Warranty". After conversing with the mechanic he's said that the gearbox needs replacing and that the good news is it's covered on the warranty. However, he told me that I would still have to pay £950 for it and they would contribute £300 with a 'good will' gesture of fitting it for free. Is this right or should I be seeking further assistance with regards ***** ***** for something that a warranty covers?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
I am also a warranty inspector and when the selling dealer offers a lifetime warranty, this means that the part and the labor would be covered and normally the customer just covers the cost of the fluids and tax. What they are offering you does not sound right and I would push for more, you might have to go higher up on the chain of command at the dealer.