Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Renault Clio Dasboard Lights fault

Customer Question

Hello, i have a fault with my Renault clio. There are 2 lights on the dashboard that renault cant seem to get rid of and are charging me nearly £300 a time to do a diagnostic check on it. The first light is like a graph, looks kind of like a richter scale. The other looks like an engine. It limits the car to driving at about 55mph. Any help would be amazing, but nobody seems to know what is going on.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you with your issues -

I cannot see that even a Renault dealer would be charging £300 each time a diagnostic test is done... for that money - they must have done more than the plug in test - perhaps replaced certain parts / sensors etc..

Can you please tell me exactly what is showing on your invoices - and as well - please tell me what fault codes have been / are being retrieved... then we can progress..

Also - please give me the cars Full reg which will help me to help you -

Too - apart from what the garage has done - please tell me all / anything else you know has been done / parts replaced etc ( if any )... and the background.. The more you can tell me, to inc the above , the better I can help you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................