Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi My SL500 has just developed a fault with the locking key

Customer Question

Hi My SL500 has just developed a fault with the locking key transmitter, the batteries have been changed and when the button is pressed the battery status led flashes, the central locking works all 7 lock when manually operated from either door or the boot, could the system need a reset, I "synced" the system as per the manual but no different
Dave S
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dave,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the key in the IR transmitter operates the central locking correctly from both doors and the boot manually, so the vacuum side of the system seems to be OK. The IR transmitter unlocks all locks when aimed at the passenger door or the boot but only occasionally when aimed at the drivers door. It would appear to an intermittent fault with the IR receiver in the drivers door handle.

I have waited 32 hours to get a reply but no answer I am not happy with the service and I do not wish to continue with this or any other question and would like a refund of the £21 and certainly do not want to pay for a subscription

Dave XXXX