Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an Arnage and the service required light has just come

Customer Question

I have an Arnage and the service required light has just come on saying attention is needed to the auto ride is this something easy enough to solve ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

most likely is the electrical connection to the top of the dampers

thre's a little motor that changes the damper stiffness that can seize up or get corroded connections

try unplugging each damper in turn and spraying the connector plugs with switch cleaner ( not WD40)

also if the ride seems very harsh then its possible that the issue is with the gas filled spheres that are part of the rear dampers the spheres are inside the boot. Replacement spheres are easy to get hold of and vary in price from £100 to £150 depending on the model year and whether you choose a new one or a regassed sphere.