Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My car got hit by a lorry at work, my work colleague fixed

Customer Question

My car got hit by a lorry at work, my work colleague fixed it replacing a driver door , front panel , hubs. The refuse to tell me what damage was done. I got the car back and now have a burning smell and high revs even when I don't have my foot on the clutch. He tells me when he changed the clutch that the gearbox was. Overed in oil and it probably need a new gear box? Feel as though I'm being pissed around
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I don't understand why your colleague won't tell you exactly what was changed and if he used new parts?

as it sounds to me that if the gearbox is covered in oil then the clutch may be contaminated with oil
which is why its slipping

I'd say it may be time to take the car to local garage