Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I bought a Rover 45 1800 Auto a month ago and took it back

Customer Question

I bought a Rover 45 1800 Auto a month ago and took it back after driving it home. They will have had it for a month on Saturday. The gearbox was noisy and said it needed a new back bearing which they have found impossible to buy. All these weeks later they are telling me it is now going to have a Rover 200 R reg 1600 gearbox put into it. will this work with a Rover 45 1800 auto? I am a women and it is costing me a fortune to travel as I live in a very rural village. I would be very greatful for you expertise on this matter. Thank you RK
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello RK,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

If this has been bought from a garage then I would ask for my money back immediately.

Modifications they are proposing are possible but usually lead to further complications down the line.

You may need to involve trading standards or local citizens advice people if the garage won't return your money.

Mark.