Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

MY ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON WHEN MY REVS GET

MY ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON WHEN MY REVS GET ABOVE 2700. HIGHER DEPENDING ON HOW HIGH MY GEARS ARE. I HAVE HAD A DIONOSTIC TEST DONE. IT BROUGHT UP AIR TEMP PROBLEM.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise..

With this - if the code was for the inlet / intake air temp sensor - then the wiring should always be checked first before replacing the component...

Its not an un heard of fault so go with it..many garages Im afraid just replace the item / component that the fault code refers too - this is a mistake... the circuit should always be checked first - its wiring - its connections etc... Evidently this has been missed in your case - as the component has been replaced, the fault has to be there in the circuit / wiring and that then now has to be checked to find / cure your fault. Thats the ay on this one now.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what have i got to say to the garage to enable this to be done. plus what will i expect he will do