Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Seat Leon 2.0 TDi 2008 got in it this morning all

I have a Seat Leon 2.0 TDi 2008 got in it this morning all ignition lights come on but when
I turn key again to start engine the lights all flash and there is a clicking noise but nothing
from the engine!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help.

I'd check battery first.Very often with a flat battery or low voltage in the battery can be enough to power dash lights since they don't draw much power anyway..but when its comes to starting via starter motor to get the enigne turned over especially so on a diesel the battery will not hold enough charge to operate the starter hence the clicking sound from the starter..Best way to know would be to first check your terminals are secure anyway,no corrosion as such and are tight - then next step either with a battery booster pack or set of proper jump leads hooked to another car try jumpstarting "make sure you read through your oweners manual on procedure for doing so".if it starts then the battery is likly the problem.or and electrical component within the vehicle is drawing power when the cars unused which would need to be traced down..but first as above that would be one of the first moves to check if you havent done so already..I do hope this helps