Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Have put car in for mot at same garage that done mot last year

Customer Question

Have put car in for mot at same garage that done mot last year for dealer who I got car from. Thay want to charge me for welding on main frame due to corrosion . Would that occur over last 12 mths or would it have already been there thanx
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Depends on the extent of the corrosion at that time..i would imagine it would of been picked up or checked and maybe down as an advisory so you know it maybe something that will be required repaired next time around..it all depends on the tester at the of the day and their assement on it..and wither now that corrosion has spread and now effecting the safety and integrity of the vehicle as far as any load bearing or supporting structure or supporting is concerned or which any testable items are affixed too..i do hope this helps..

if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate