Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Difference between LHD and RHD headlights

Hello. How can I tell the difference between LHD and RHD headlights for the V70 without removing them please and without taking them to a garage to have them tested? I am trying to fit a set of Eurolites deflectors to my V70 (bought on the continent from an expat) but the diagram shows the headlight configuration to be back-to-front (i.e. Drivers-side on the passenger side etc). I assumed they were RHD lights but I have a niggling doubt since encountering problems with the Halford's purchased Eurolites.  Diagram 120 (www.eurolites.info) is my reference but as I said it is back-to-front (DS to PS).  I am about to put it through a Belgian MOT and don't want to fit the Eurolites if not necessary, or to the wrong place from that shown on the diagram.  Many thanks

Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to help you..
Car headlight that are set to or for the uk market should be flat across the beam top and the. Kick up to the left (from inside the car) and the European setting or parts should kick up and to the right.
An easy way to check is to park the car at dusk or dark in from of a smooth or flat wall about 10-15 ft from the wall, turn the lights on and look at the top of the light pattern on the wall. Uk spec will be flat then kick up to the left and the opposite for the European.
I believe some v70 models have a slide lever on the back of the headlamp to switch from left lane driving to right lane driving.
Scroll down in the link below for pictures.
http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/car-audio-electronics-lighting/9941-headlights-lhd-vs-rhd.html
I hope this helps but please come back to me if it doesn't but don't forget to accept my answer or I don't get paid for my help.
Best regards
Per
It's been a while since I answered your question and I've not had any feedback. I wondered if my answer was of help to you? Can I be of further assistance..
If my answer was if assistance I would be grateful if you could accept it and rate my answer.
Best Regards
Peter