Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi dear I have TOYOTA RAV4 DIESL 2.0L THAT I HAVE PROBLEMS

Hi dear I have TOYOTA RAV4 DIESL 2.0L
THAT I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH UNUSEL NOISE COME AND I HAVE BEEN CHECK OUT
ONE OF THE GARAGE THAT HE SAID SHOULD BE DUEL MASS FLYWHEEL PROBLEMS.
DO HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS THE PROBLEMS WITH IT?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there im sorry to see your still waiting..do you still require assistance?

If so - what sort of mileage does the vehicle have?

You say unusal noise? can youn describe if possible what it sounds like..when it occurrs and wither its felt via the clutch pedal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unusel noise when you move out the car specially in gear one and gear two and also while you make a blazing at uphill,noise is like kearrrr, if you driving in high gear is normal conditions.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi...there thanks for your reply..

Ok..assuming during diagnoses it is always important to determine whether the noise emitted your hearing isnt from any other component such as the exhaust system,heat sheilds,engine mounts,other belt driven accessories before anything like the dmf is ruled out..as such if the noise is most definetly failing then depending how bad it got you would hear it clatter or a noise emitting from there from the bellhousing that often can change in pitch each time the clutch is depressed as such..in which you may feel a high vibration in the pedal nearing bite point..unfortunatly the end result to actually check it the DMF/clutch assembly as such means having the gearbox removed to check for wear in the dmf you'll need to to measure for its axial or radial play and whether it is outside specifications..but as above if those symtoms do change with clutch movement and the noise is certainly emitting from the bellhousing then im afriad it possible looking at dmf failure..again only verified fully once the gearbox is out..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else then please do continue before you rate......