Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My new jeep wrangler safari rear window wiper doesnt seem to

My new jeep wrangler safari rear window wiper doesnt seem to be working, and im to far from showroom to go back plz can you help(female owner). Do you think i can fix it with your intstruction?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Does the rear washer work at all?

I imagine the front wipers/washers work ok?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No rear washer not working but front one does
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..seeing as you know the function of the rotary switch.and the washer doesnt work the pump motor..may suggest a fuse may have blown you would certainly need to check those first..if you look within the engine compartment you have fuse/relay box/panel.."details of which will be in the owners guide" and inspect the following fuses M24 "minifuse number 24" 25 amp fuse and ensure that hasnt blown..if it has then you should be able to change it with another fuse of the same rating and see if that works..if blows again then you likely have fault in the wiring which would need to be traced aswell as check all grounds for those or the switch control itself is at fault..you need to access both connectors at the motor and the washer pump and see if they both get feed with the ignition on and the switch adjusted to see if it sends a voltage down..so as above if you havent done so already i would certainly inspect the fuse as a starting point anyway if not already done..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do thank you