Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2006 s-type 3.0l V6 SE and I need to replace the engine.

I have a 2006 s-type 3.0l V6 SE and I need to replace the engine. I have purchased an engine from a dismantler but it is slightly different although it is an AJ30 engine but from and older car. The main differences are the engine sensors and the replacement engine has one plastic cover to the left hand side where my engine has two metal covers. Will this replacement engine be ok to fit in my car?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
This engine is not going to work in your vehicle because the different sensors means that the main engine harness that is controlled by the ecu is not the same, therefor the ecu will not communicate with the vehicle.