Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685
Car

how do you get past the immobiliser

how do you get past... Show More

how do you get past the immobiliser Citroen relay van bought with a broken ignition barrel I have key which opens the doors and has chip inside they is a loop which looks long like goes on the barrel which I think supposed to sense the chip in the key engine turns over diesel is getting to the pump but does not come out of the pump to the injectors so I think the immobiliser is stopping the pump from working but am not sure the the little sign of a padlock and car comes on and flickers going goes off when I turn the engine over

Category: Car
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Disconnect the negative battery cable and then the positive battery cable end and leave disconnected for 15 minutes, then reconnect the positive first and then the negative. Insert key in the ignition and turn to the on position but do not try to start and leave for 5 minutes and then try to start the vehicle. This should reset the system.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

hi Mike they is nothing left in the ignition barrel to put the key in but they is a black ring on a 2 pin cable is that the sensor which picks up the key, if I put the key in that ring then turn the round disk which went on the side of the key barrel to start the engine. PS I bought the van with the barrel been broken to get broken key out, the spare key opens all the doors and has the chip in the key so, I am assuming this must be the correct key for the I am going to try it with the key in the ring and turning the disc if this don't work is they any other way of disconnecting or bypassing the Obama's

Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago.
Yes putting the key in the ring and the engine should start, if this does not work this vehicle is going to need to go to the dealer and have the barrel replaced and reset using the diagnostic tool.