Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Fabia sometimes starts, then other times doesnt, has just

Fabia sometimes starts, then other times doesn't, has just had a new timeing gear put on, when it doesn't start the oil warning kicks in alarm, but!! the oil is at the ok level?? Could it be a faulty eng management relay?? Fuel is ok , good spark also.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Yes the issue that you are having is consistent with the engine relay having a faulty or failing coil inside or the ecu is loosing communication with the vehicle and needs to be reset or reflashed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is reflashed meaning please.

The reflashing is done with the use of a dealer diagnostic tool which resets the ecu.