Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have aP38 diesel range rover,the blower motor will not turn

I have aP38 diesel range rover,the blower motor will not turn off,local garage has replaced the control unit,which controls the fan and the air condition function cost of unit only 500.00 plus,the blower motor will still not turn off,they are now saying it is all tied in with the compressor unit for the AC!! This unit is also over 500.00,can any one through any light on my problem thanks Tom
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The only failures that cause the blower motor not to turn off is a failure to the blower motor resister or the blower motor relay, either one of these will cause the blower motor to have constant power and not shut off.
The a/c compressor will not cause this problem, if the resister and the relay have been eliminated, the next step is to have the fuse box tested where the relay plugs in to.