Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2008 Jimny I am continually having to top up the radiator overflow

2008 Jimny I am continually having to top up the radiator overflow plastic bottle . The car runs well not obviously overheating?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
If there is no obvious leaks and the vehicle is still losing coolant than the next step is to have the cooling system pressure tested which will show the leak because it will put pressure on the weakest point and the leak will show itself.
The pressure test can be performed at a shop or a pressure tester can be rented at a parts store and performed at home.
The test is easy to perform.