Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Sorry not car problem but marine outboard engine it is four

Customer Question

Sorry not car problem but marine outboard engine it is four stroke four cylinder mercury it suddenly went on to 2 cylinders getting it home replaced all four plugs still only runs on nos 2&3 cylinders 3&4 still dead it has twin coils and the plugs / that are not running share the same coil
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Has the coil that runs those cylinder been tested?
Has the fuel injectors been tested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can I check the coil that might be at fault thanks chris
The coil is tested with a ohm meter this will show if the coil is causing the problem, from what you are describing the coil is the issue here.