Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have changed the battery on my Rover 25 and the radio needs

I have changed the battery on my Rover 25 and the radio needs a code number now the new battery has been fitted. How or where can I can I find the code Please.The car is a Rover 25 5 door first registered in 2001 when I bought in new.
Many thank for your help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

First of all you will need to stop entering codes into the unit..as you may lock the radio out due to entering incorrect codes - fully ensure that the radio code isnt in with your car documents or radio handbook..often it can be printed within there.provided its the same radio from new..apart from that there are no other options other then to remove the radio and take down the radios serial number..you will need to specific radio security removal keys halfords and such like will likely have these..and then try this site here http://www.mgrovercodes.com/ .. thats about the only foward with these im afraid if you dont have the 4 digit code available..I do hope this helps