Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

hello, I would like to buy some car from auction, do you

hello,
I would like to buy some car from auction, do you have any tips for me on what to do and what to look out for.
Thank You, Jamie
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Depends on the types of vehicles your after..lots of these tend to be trade ins/ex fleets and leasing companies some can be with no reserve and usually these are the ones to watch out for with problems - you need to find a good auction house in the area or one or two you know of and usually they are the best people to ask relevent questions too about certain vehicles your interested in and or if a first timer at auctions im sure they will guide you through the process even if it means just being there to watch how it works etc..as for the cars there..you really need to carefully go over them..for exterior damage checking door lines,previous repairs/mechanical problems listen to engine,look for leaks/electrical problems look for warning lights/electrical problems within the vehicle etc they will come with sheet on the windscren usually noting problems with the car so check all these to confirm aswell as find out how much its going to cost you ontop of what you bid aswell as auction fees etc all has to be taken into account..so its ideal if your not fully mechanically minded in looking for problems like that then you must find somebody who does to go along with you..if your in the buying a selling trade then you must have garage that does work on your cars..so maybe ask them.....make sure all right documents are present if not ask about them with auction house..if you have particular cars you want to bid on then find out there book value first/if there are problems needing addressed then ensure you budget for that set you bidding limit below that as for bidding and keep to it..its really a case of going and getting feel for the place and the selection on offer and see how it all works before you step in to buying anything..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi.there thanks for your responce..and many thanks for rating much appreciated..

However if you ever need to ask anything else or need advice in the future as such then just look me up and be happy to help..best of luck Robert