Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a citreon zsara picasso diesel. 20041.6hdi, it has had

I have a citreon zsara picasso diesel. 20041.6hdi, it has had a oil and filter. Changed recently and since then the oil light keeps beeping and the message "stop oil pressure low" the mechanic has put a new pressures with on but it is still doing it please can you advise what to do now.thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd 1st suggest measuring the actual oil pressure with separate mechanical gauge - this can be plumbed into the engine via the current pressure switch port - if you use a Tee piece you can keep the pressure switch plumbed in as well and so see if the low pressure light corresponds to a low pressure reading.

As its intermittent and you have no rumbling or rattling noises from the engine its likely to be an electrical fault so 1st check the connection to the pressure switch is bright and clean and check back along the switch wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation

As if the wire is grounded out at any point then this will also turn on the light.

if this is all OK and the oil pressure is at least 1.3Bar ( 20psi) at hot idle then replace the switch

If you do have a low pressure reading and to turn on the light it will be very low about 5psi then replace the oil pump and ensure that the pump pickup in the sump hasn't come loose or is blocked
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The switch has already been replaced if I turn the passenger airbag off it knocks off the oil light and the message and peep. Is it dangerousness to drive whilst this is going on as I am disabled and I need my car to go to the doctors etc ?