Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a vw touareg 2004 and the brake assist warning light

Customer Question

I have a vw touareg 2004 and the brake assist warning light keeps coming on. It had new pads and discs last year, however, the brake assist whenever you stop on an incline ( it sops you rolling back) no longer works. The garage ran a check and it comes up with a fault code 02349- switch fro parking brake (f321) 006- inplausible signal. They cant find out what this is..... Help,!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help ....

The fault code you have there is for a faulty brake light switch / circuit...

In that case - the wiring should be checked on that circuit - but very often it needs a new brake light switch.... that is a common fault on this model - which affects the park brake lamp warn circuit as well as the foot... and will give you as you have - so that is the first way forward on this one for sure.

If its not that - and the switch works ok - then the park brake switch is the usual culprit..needing renewing. Let me know how you get on.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.