Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, i have a 2004 vw toaureg - a fault light has appeared

Hi, i have a 2004 vw toaureg - a fault light has appeared ' brake assist workshop' with a picture of a touareg on a hill. The brake assist stops the car from rolling backwards on a slope whenever you stop at the lights etc. the brake discs and pads were replaced last year and are grand. A local garage has run a test Nd it comes back with fault code 02349-switch fro parking brake (fr321) 006 - implausible signal. The garage do not know what this specific fault code is and i cannot find it online. Any ideas? Cheers
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What causes this code to set is one of the wheel speed sensors has failed and this triggers parking brake code. The next step is to have all 4 speed sensors tested to determine which one has failed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Speed sensors are all working, accurate and record the same speeds.

Any further thoughts specifically with the fault code?

If all speed sensors have been eliminated using a diagnostic tool than the only other fault that will trip this code is the parking brake sensor itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a 4 wire switch on the footbrake pedal that appears to be working fine. Is this the sensor or is the sensor built into the ABS module? If not, exactly where is the sensor located? Cheers

The sensor I am referring to is built in to the abs module itself, this sensor can only be replaced by replacing the module. I have seen these fail before resulting in your issue.