Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I had a flat battery and a friend gave me a second hand one

Customer Question

I had a flat battery and a friend gave me a second hand one that was slightly higher ampage than the original - 90 rather than 70 amps. My car now starts but is running in safe mode with no real power. Could the battery be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

Peterkmiles : Hi,
Peterkmiles : my name is peter and I will try to help you.
Peterkmiles : The battery itself will not matter as long as it's still a 12v battery. Cars with Diesel engines generally have higher amp ratings as these engines are harder to turn over.
Peterkmiles : The engine light and safe mode is likely because the battery went flat, I would advise taking to a garage and having the fault memory cleared and I expect it will be ok after this.
Peterkmiles : Please feel free to come back to me in this question if you need further help but don't forget to rate my answer or I don't get paid for my advice. Even after you have rat edit feel free to come back to me for further support on this matter.
Peterkmiles : best regards peter.