Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi,my 2010 isuzu rodeo denver 3.0 auto td alternator stopped

Customer Question

hi,my 2010 isuzu rodeo denver 3.0 auto td alternator stopped charging, had it checked and its fine,what else could be wrong?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

1st check that the alternator is secure to the engine as this provides the ground for the charging circuit and make sure that the engine / gearbox earth strap is secure and the contacts are clean and bright.

if thats OK then check that the small wire that runs from the back of the alternator is in good condition and the connection is clean and bright

as its this that switches the alternator over to charge

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks matt,i will check those things in the morning.a mate of mine suggested there might be a fuse or a relay blown or faulty?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

its worth checking the main power fuses in the underbonnet fuse box too but these shouldn't effect the charging aspect
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will check all those things tomorrow,many thanks,chris.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
No problem