Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My rover 75 2005 cdti drivers side mainbeam headlight would

My rover 75 2005 cdti drivers side mainbeam headlight would not go off when on dip but became back to normal sometime after, now it will not go on, is this a common fault does a relay or whatever need to be repalced thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

This fault is usually down to the relay / module for the main beam - but it can also by a short / damaged wiring -- Look very carefully by the main fuse box under the bonnet - the wiring to that often gets chaffed / damaged - repair as you find...if needed and re try it. This is a little known but common issue on these.

If its not that - then the relay would be next yes- My info as to its location its location is somewhat limited on this age but your supplier will be able to tell you its location from their parts computer screen.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.